BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—Two second-half goals lifted the Birmingham-Southern men's soccer team to a 4-2 victory over Anderson University, Friday evening on Preston Goldfarb Field at Beryson Soccer Park.
The Panthers are unbeaten, moving to 6-0-1 on the year, while the Ravens fell to 0-4-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- BSC went up 2-0 within the first 10 minutes, including the first goal of the game less than a minute in, scored by junior Patrick Erickson.
- Anderson fought back and tied things up before the end of the first half.
- Junior Dylan Rose scored in the 58th minute, zig-zagging down the field past several Ravens defenders for the go-ahead goal.
- Sophomore Alec Medd put BSC up 4-2 in the 72nd minute off an assist from Rose.
- The Panthers out-shot Anderson 20-14 (11-8 on-goal), led by junior Dallas Coyne with seven shots.
- Junior Marvin Castellanos started in goal and played the first half, recording one save. Freshman Galen Curry came in at halftime and made five saves in the second half.
- BSC is at home again tomorrow, facing Brooklyn College at 7:30 p.m.