BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—With a meet-record 975 points, the Birmingham-Southern men's swimming and diving team won the 2015 Southern Athletic Association Championship Saturday evening at the Birmingham CrossPlex.
The BSC women finished a very close second to Rhodes, 864-857.5, with the title coming down to the final race, the 400-yard freestyle relay, where Rhodes edged the Panthers by less than two seconds.
Today's medalists were:
First-place finishes/SAA individual champions:
- Drew Priede - 1st - 1650-yard freestyle - 16:04.80 (NCAA B)
- Molly Waddell - 1st - 100-yard freestyle - 52.74
- Duncan Bonney - 1st - 100-yard freestyle - 45.46 (NCAA B)
- Caleb Riggs - 1st - 200-yard breaststroke - 2:06.85
- Men's 400-yard freestyle relay - 1st - 3:04.16 (NCAA B)
- Sarah Catherine Murphy - 2nd - 1650-yard freestyle - 17:38.18
- Wil Cushman - 2nd - 1650-yard freestyle - 16:07.11 (NCAA B)
- Wil Barton - 2nd - 200-yard backstroke - 1:52.99 (NCAA B)
- Kristen Stempak - 2nd - 100-yard freestyle - 53.38
- Marilyn Rowell - 2nd - 200-yard breaststroke - 2:28.35
- Stone Strankman - 2nd 200-yard breaststroke - 2:07.35
- Women's 400-yard freestyle relay - 2nd - 3:35.07