Posted: Sep 04, 2015
OXFORD, Ala.—The Birmingham-Southern cross country teams opened the 2015 season Friday evening at the Struts Season Opener, hosted by Jacksonville State in Oxford, Ala.
- Among non-Division I teams, the Panther men finished second in a field of seven, and the BSC women were fourth in a field of 10 programs.
- Birmingham-Southern was the only Division III program at the meet.
- Junior Timothy McOmber led the BSC men, placing second among non-DI runners with a 5K time of 15:58.10.
- Junior Chris Roberts finished fifth with a time of 16:31.25.
- On the women's side, junior Elise Pittman was the Panthers' top finisher, placing 17th among non-DI opponents with a 4K time of 16:26.69.
- Sophomore Morgan Reynolds was just behind Pittman, finishing 18th with a time of 16:29.73.
- "I am extremely proud of the way our teams competed today to start the season," Head Coach Kenneth Cox said. "It was a very competitive field of runners, and we were pleased with the results."
- The Panthers are in action next Saturday, Sept. 12, at the UAH Invitational at Sharon Johnston Park in Huntsville, Ala.