MONTEVALLO, Ala.—Junior runner Jarrett Mason placed first, helping the Birmingham-Southern men's cross country team finish third Saturday morning at the Montevallo Falcon Classic. The BSC women placed fourth in the team standings.
- Mason won the meet with an 8K time of 27:52.00.
- Sophomore Morgan Reynolds was the women's top finisher with a 6K time of 25:35.69, placing 11th overall in the field of 66 runners.
- Sophomore Justin Peifer was second for the BSC men and fifth overall with an 8K time of 28:10.47.
- Freshman Margot Woolverton was the second Panther women's runner, finishing 15th with a 6K time of 26:03.34.
- "Each one of our athletes competing today stepped up in a major way," Head Coach Kenneth Cox said. "I can't say enough about the effort that was displayed this morning throughout the race. I'm especially proud of Jarrett [Mason] and how he took ownership of the role he was prepared to play today. We talked about how this would be an important race for our team and he shouldered the responsibility."
- The teams are in action on Saturday, Oct. 3, at the JSU Foothills Invitational in Oxford, Ala. The men will race at 8:30 a.m., followed by the women at 9:15 a.m.